The President Is the Leader of Our Country, Part 2
- Teacher-created book cover for the class book “If I were President of the United States …”
- One page of the class book for each student with the following sentence starter: “If I were President of the United States, … ____________________.”
- Review the information students learned about the President of the United States. A source of information about U.S. Presidents is the www.whitehousekids.gov Web site at <http://www.whitehouse.gov/kids/>.
- Ask students to describe some of the activities they think the President does in his job. Discuss all appropriate answers.
- Tell students that they are now going to pretend that they are the President. They will get to write about and illustrate their activities and decisions they would make as President. Make a classroom book using the student responses.
- Distribute to each student a page with the starter “If I were President of the United States….” Help students as necessary write and illustrate their ideas.