National Government: The Judicial Branch
Session 10: Supreme Court Simulation, Part 3
- Overhead projector or board
- Rotate groups so that the groups may change tasks from the day before.
- Have students assigned the roles of Solicitor General and Attorney argue for or against the topic of capital punishment before the Justices.
- After groups assigned the topic of capital punishment have had an opportunity to argue their cases, have the Justices discuss the arguments and hand down their majority ruling.
- Have the class discuss their feelings and opinions about the topic.