National Government: The Legislative Branch
Sessions 4 and 5: Congressional Committees
- Copy of the chart on committees found below printed on an overhead
- Internet access
- Review with students the content covered to this point in the unit.
- Instruct students to develop a chart that identifies the organization of the United States Congress and it’s various committees. The following is a sample of a chart to guide students:
- Provide resources in the classroom or arrange for media center and/or computer access for students to complete this assignment. This may be done individually or in groups. The following Web site may be of assistance:
- Assign a teacher-selected reading, worksheet, or other reinforcement activity, using available teacher resources.