Our Federal System of Government
Session 6: Sample Assessment Items
- Write a brief paragraph defining a federal form of government. Explain why the United States is described as a federal system.
- Develop a diagram that illustrates the expressed, implied, and inherent powers of the United States Government. Include examples of each of these powers.
- Provide a sample list of powers reserved for the states or people.
- Identify the concurrent powers held by the state and national governments, and explain the conflicts that arise as a result of the concurrent powers.
- Identify and explain the powers denied to national and state governments.