Rights, Responsibilities and Liberties
Session 3: Rights of the Accused
- Copy of the U.S. Constitution
- Instructional notes (Attachment A)
- Review with students the content covered to this point in the unit.
- Use a copy of the U.S. Constitution to research the 4th, 5th, and 8th Amendments.
- Invite the School Resource Officer or local Commonwealth Attorney to speak to the class. Ask them to focus on the applications of the Amendments to criminal procedure.
- Continue discussing the notes on Attachment A.