Citizenship: Duties, Rights, and Liberties
Session 9: Traits of Responsible Citizens
- Transparency: “Traits of a Responsible Citizen” (Attachment F)
- Identify and define personal traits of good citizens.
- Use the transparency (Attachment F) to help students understand that the character traits of good citizens interrelate and lead to a society that is better for all citizens:
• Trustworthiness and honesty
• Courtesy and respect for the rights of others
• Responsibility, accountability, and self-reliance
• Respect for the law
- For homework, ask students to bring to class one or more daily newspapers.