Citizenship: Duties, Rights, and Liberties
- Create a flow chart showing the steps in the naturalization process.
- Ask class members to answer some of the questions required to become a naturalized citizen.
- Analyze the rights contained in the 1st amendment. Debate which is most/least important and why.
- Have students research some current/recent 1st amendment challenges in the news. This information could be gathered into a bulletin board or class newsletter.
- Write and role-play scenarios showing good citizenship.