Citizenship: Duties, Rights, and Liberties
Session 14: Review
- Review worksheet
- Design a review sheet for the unit using the content framework (Essential Understandings) at the beginning of this unit. For example:
• Define citizenship.
• Explain how an individual becomes a citizen:
• Explain how the Constitution of the United States of America establishes and protects the citizen's fundamental rights and liberties.
• Explain that few rights, if any, are considered absolute.
• Identify the 1st Amendment freedoms.
• Explain how the 14th amendment extends the due process protection to actions of the states.
• Explain why citizens must fulfill their civic duties for the government to be effective.
- Ask students to work independently.
- Go over the answers at the end of class.