Elections, Parties, and Pressure Groups
Session 6: Election Project
- Vocabulary quiz
- Student handouts
- Election Project Description (Attachment F)
- Vocabulary quiz: Call out the vocabulary terms the class has already covered and ask students to spell them on paper. After all of the words are given, provide time for students to define terms.
- Distribute the Election Project Description (Attachment F). Explain that the project has 10 components and that student grades will be determined according to the point value following each item. Missing elements will result in losing all of the points for that item. Partial credit will be given where appropriate.
- Go over each element of the project and show examples of an editorial, a political cartoon, a biographical sketch, or other election-related literature.
- Assign the section in the textbook on voter turnout for homework.