Contributions of Citizens Who
Defended American Principles
Contributions of Rosa Parks
- Teacher-selected book on Rosa Parks
- Pictures of Rosa Parks
- Show students pictures of Rosa Parks. Ask students what they know about Rosa Parks. Write their responses on a KWL chart about Rosa Parks under “What We Know.” Graphic organizer Web sites:
- Read a teacher-selected book on Rosa Parks. Lead a discussion about Rosa Parks.
- Fill in the What We Learned section of the KWL chart. Emphasize the following information:
African American woman who refused to give up her seat on a public bus as required by law many years ago
Helped to bring about changes in laws and worked so that all people would have equal rights
- Have students draw a picture of Rosa Parks and write one important fact about her under the picture. Save this page to make a Famous Americans booklet.
- Use the following Web sites for resource information on Rosa Parks: