Famous Americans and Their Contributions
Contributions of Susan B. Anthony
- Teacher-selected book about Susan B. Anthony
- Picture or poster of Susan B. Anthony
- Show students a picture or poster of Susan B. Anthony. Ask students what they already know about her. Write their responses on a KWL chart about Susan B. Anthony. The following Web sites may be helpful:
• Graphic Organizer
- Ask the students what they would like to learn about Susan B. Anthony, and post their responses under the “What We Want to Know” section of the KWL chart.
- Read a teacher-selected book about Susan B. Anthony, and follow with a discussion. Have students use a variety of graphic organizers to arrange information from the book. Follow with another class discussion about Susan B. Anthony.
- Add information with students to the KWL chart on “What We Learned.” Be sure to include the following:
• Susan B. Anthony led the struggle to give women equal rights.
• Susan B. Anthony worked to give women the right to vote.
- Help students research additional information about Susan B. Anthony, using resource materials/Web sites/videos.
- Complete the “What We Learned” section of the KWL chart with students.