Patriotic Symbols and Practices
Patriotic Symbols Review
- Read sample riddles to the class. (Example: “I am tall. I have a trunk. I have green leaves. Sometimes kids like to climb me. What am I?” Answer: A tree)
- Pair students, and have them create a riddle about one of the American symbols.
- Students may also create riddles about American leaders (George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, and George Washington Carver) and American holidays (Columbus Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Flag Day, and Presidents’ Day).
- When the riddles are complete, have students draw pictures to provide answers.
- Allow time for students to share their riddles.