Traits of Good Citizens
- Books about helping others
- Crayons, markers, paint, scissors
- Construction paper
- Display a variety of books about helping others. Read students two or three of the books that they select.
- Ask students with which character in the books they identify and why.
- Have students create a class list of ways they help at home and at school. Discuss how helping others makes them feel.
- Divide students into small groups, and have them make finger puppets. Help students create simple skits that involve helping others, and have them present their skits to the class.